Wednesday 7 February 2024

See, I Learned it from my Dad, you see

 


When you turn to me,

And compliment my loving ways,

Just know that those seeds were sown

At the very start of my younger days.

 

See, I learned it from my Dad, you see,

What it meant to always protect.

To be ready to answer the bell at any time,

And no easy choice select.

 

To live a life of sacrifice,

To always be on your guard.

To never shirk from life’s demands,

Even when the times got hard.

 

See, I learned it from my Dad, you see.

He taught me in so many ways.

To deliver to those within my charge,

Only safe and better days.

 

He stood tall, whatever the time,

A shining column of how to be.

Encouraging us to follow that path,

To stare down life with glee.

 

See, I learned it from my Dad, you see,

And I hope my sons do too.

For the gifts that mighty man gave me,

I now gladly give to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment