Saturday 2 December 2023

Hidden from View

 


I must admit, I must profess,

I didn’t always comprehend,

The level to which their mind control,

Did encompass and extend.

 

You may demand, and rightly so,

To know of whom I speak,

To put a name to the graven face,

Who choose fear to mould the weak.

 

When truth be told and voiced aloud,

We didn’t make it hard,

Because when we bathe in ignorance,

All courage do we discard.

 

The courage to care when others fall,

To not look away and cower,

To recognize that ‘they’ are us,

And next they’ll be climbing our tower.

 

I was one, but never more,

Because others helped me see,

I scaled the ramparts of my fear,

And confronted my own mediocrity.

 

So what was once hidden from my mind

And camouflaged from my view,

Now stands erect and crystal clear,

A bastion of the truth.

 

It would be easy to look upon those still sleeping,

And cast my insult and derision,

Much harder the task to help them see,

And form their own opinion.

 

And yet you still ask ‘who are the ones

Who wield fear to control the masses’?

Who convince you that your lying eyes

Are blind to all that for reality passes?

 

The truth you seek so desperately,

Will only truly be revealed,

When you are prepared to confront yourself,

And to your own fear and indifference not yield.

 

The power to live as one desires,

Will always reside within us.

The strength that epitomizes the human soul,

Will always be victorious.

 

My request, therefore, in these dark times

Is to not blindly believe what you are told,

But to question, challenge, and rationalize,

Be strong, be brave, be bold!

 

For strength will always hold your stead,

And courage will always their lies deter,

While boldness will a beacon shine,

And forever help you prosper.


No comments:

Post a Comment